Saturday 9 April 2011

Progress So Far (Music Magazine Contents Page) - 09/04/2011

Today, I edited the three images that are going to be used on my contents page using photoshop. My first original images looked like this:


But I transformed it into this:


Firstly, I used the 'Clone Stamp Tool' to cover up a strand of hair that was falling across Emily Oakes' (brunette girl's) cheek, as I felt that it obstructed the full effect of Emily's face in the shot. Next, I used the 'Burn Tool' around both Charlotte Westall and Emily's eyes to give a shadowed effect, and make the medium shot seem more moody and dark. I then placed an image of a star tatoo over the original photo layer on Emily's wrist, and used the 'Dodge Tool' to make it blend in with Emily's skin. Using the 'Sharpen Tool', I made their eyes look sharper and stand out more, and I also used this tool on Emily's thumb wring to give it a shinier look. Next, I used the 'Colour Replacement Tool' over Charlotte's hair to make it brighter and contrast more against Emily's darker hair tone. Lastly, I used the 'Brightness/Contrast' effect to make the image brighter and more contrasting to match with the edited image used on my music magazine front cover.


The second image I edited for my contents page originally looked like this:


But after I finished editing it, my image looked like this:


Firstly, I used the 'Crop Tool' to cut half of the image off and make the remaining half larger. I then used the 'Sharpen Tool' on Conor Wynn to make his eyes sharper and stand out more from the rest of his face. Next, I used the 'Polygonal Lasso Tool' to draw around Conor's body and cut out the background of the image and used the 'Gradient Tool' to replace it with this black and white striped background. Lastly, I used the 'Drop Shadow' effect to give a shadow to Conor.


The last image for my contents page originally looked like this:


But after modifying, it looked like this:


I first used the 'Vibrance' effect to make the image darker, and then drew around the eyes using the 'Polygonal Lasso Tool'. I then used the 'Hue/Saturation' effect to make her eyes green and brighter, therefore causing them to stand out from the rest of the darker image.

No comments:

Post a Comment